- 1/4 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, fresh, finely minced (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 pound(s) uncooked flounder fillet(s), four 4 oz pieces, washed and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg white(s), whipped until stiff
- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp tartar sauce
- 4 item(s) light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), cut into 4 wedges
- 4 leaf/leaves, large lettuce
- 8 slice(s) fresh tomato(es)
In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper; set aside. Set fish on a plate and spread both sides with mustard. Next, dip fish into egg whites, turning to coat both sides. Lastly, dip fish into cornmeal-mixture, turning to coat both sides.
Coat a large oven-proof skillet with cooking spray and set over medium to medium-high heat; heat oil until shimmering. Add fish to skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side; flip fish and cook until done on other side, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
Spread 1 teaspoon of tartar sauce on bottom half of each roll; top with a fish fillet and squeeze some lemon juice over top. Place a piece of lettuce and 2 pieces of tomato on fillet; top with roll. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
Source : www.weightwatchers.com