- 2 tsp low fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1/4 cup(s), shredded Swiss cheese, or Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup(s), shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz extra lean 4% fat deli-sliced ham
- 4 slice(s) reduced-calorie whole wheat bread
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mustard and rosemary. In another bowl, combine both types of cheese.
Place bread on a flat surface and evenly divide cream cheese mixture across all four bread slices. Top each of two bread slices with 2 tablespoons Gruyere mixture and 1 1/2 ounces ham; sprinkle each with another 2 tablespoons Gruyere mixture. Cover sandwiches with remaining bread slices, spread-side down.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. When hot, cook sandwiches until cheese is melted, pressing down a few times, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.