- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked pasta, rigatoni or penne
- 3/4 pound(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cup(s) store bought marinara sauce, divided**
- 1/2 pound(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, cut into ribbons, for garnish***
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat bottom and sides of a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cool water and drain.
While pasta is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, red pepper flakes, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup marinara sauce.
To assemble ziti, spoon 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of prepared pan; top with half of pasta in an even layer. Evenly spread pasta with ricotta mixture; cover with half of remaining sauce. Top with remaining pasta and spoon remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining tablespoon Parmesan. Bake until cheese melts and is browned, about 20 to 30 minutes. Allow ziti to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.